why join us?
- We are served by a wonderful Reconstructionist, female, Rabbi with progressive views who continuously proves to be outgoing and willing to provide a variety of services and programming for anyone interested in Judaism.
- We are a smaller group of folks than your average synagogue with a warm, welcoming, and family-friendly atmosphere. We are willing to meet you where you are at in your journey with Judaism.
- We offer an affordable membership for people from all economic backgrounds. ($420/household/year).
- We pray in the Reform tradition.
- We offer community recognition and involvement without the large expense or confines of the traditional synagogue.
- We are constantly growing and planning ahead for growth.
- We are an LGBTQIA safe space welcoming anyone interested in Judaism into our family with open arms.
Thank you for your interest in Tidwater Chavurah! We hope that you will join us at
a service or event soon! To find out more or RSVP to an event, please reach out to
either Carol Smith at (757)499-3660 or Sheryl Luebke at (804)201-5947.